Serving Skagit County, WA

Mount Vernon Chiropractic | 360-428-0304 light-brown-ribbon

Seek treatment once you get a medical claim number

If you went home and rested after your accident, it's important to see a medical practitioner as soon as possible to document your injuries. In severe or acute cases, you may need treatment right away, but still may be able to perform your daily duties with some aches and pains. This ability wouldn't necessarily rule out a serious injury.

Let's talk about whiplash

Whiplash, or neck pain caused by a motor vehicle accident, can eventually lead to more serious injuries:  ruptured ligaments, hematomas, pinched nerves, nerve damage, damaged blood vessels, fractures in the spine, and injuries in the joints. Even if you don't feel pain, you should still see us to check for hidden injuries.


To check for injury, we may recommend getting an x-ray, MRI, or CT scan. The treatments used after we diagnose your injury are designed to reduce pain, restore function, and strengthen the neck, shoulders and upper back muscles to help minimize the chance for chronic pain and to promote proper healing.


After we've diagnosed the presence and severity of your whiplash, we'll develop a treatment plan that may include adjustments and manipulations, transverse friction massage therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture, or a combination of those treatments.

If you were recently involved in an automobile accident, you're probably facing some difficult circumstances, or at the very best, have questions about what to do next. Our team here at Mount Vernon Chiropractic is here to help.


Read through the items below to determine how to proceed after your accident.

Prevention is better than treatment

As much as we would like to help treat injuries and pain due to auto accidents and collisions, we would still prefer that you stay out of car accidents or any accident for that matter.


If you encounter auto accidents, be sure to ask for emergency help from 911 and get the needed medical help from the nearest hospital.


Save our number 360-428-0304 to your phone. If you went home and rested after your accident, call us for further help.

Call your insurance company

Report the accident to your insurance provider as soon as possible - ideally that day or the next day at the latest - and tell them what happened.


Usually, the insurance company will have you open 2 claims. The 1st deals with the damage to your vehicle, and the 2nd deals with any personal injury to you.


When you make your initial phone call to your insurance company, you should know ahead of time whether or not you have Personal Injury Protection Insurance (PIP) on your policy.

What is PIP coverage?

We have a lot of experience treating car accident injuries. Call:

Comprehensive Auto Injury Care

Following the initial shock of your car accident, one of the most frustrating issues you may encounter is the time it takes for your insurance company to determine blame and make payments.


Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, is a “no-fault” coverage, which means that regardless of which driver was at fault, this insurance can help pay for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.


PIP can even help protect your friends, family, and anyone else involved after a covered accident.

auto injury